Accessibility, Transport & Maps
Bute is the only major Scottish island within daily commuting range of a mainland conurbation. Moreover, the island is only 95 minutes away from the heritage / cultural / arts / entertainment heart of Glasgow.
"Island but not Isolated"
- GETTING TO BUTE MAP: Click Here
- Road: Click-zoomable map of Bute and the Clyde;    AA Route Planner
- Rail: Scotrail (First Group) Website
- Ferries: www.calmac.co.uk
Ferry Timetables: Wemyss Bay to Rothesay & Return; Colintraive to Rhubodach & Return
- Air: Bute has quick access to both Glasgow International Airport (25m from Wemyss Bay) and Prestwick International Airport (30m from Wemyss Bay).
Air travel websites:
Govolo, British Midlands, and
- Self drive / Car hire websites:
Prestwick Airport Car Reservation Service,
Rhino Car Hire
- Wemyss Bay - the visitor 'gateway' to Bute: Website
- PETROL / DIESEL / LPG on Bute: Duncan's Garage; Other filling stations (petrol/diesel only)
TO THE ISLAND
ON THE ISLAND
- Road Map
- Countryside and Walks Maps - click "Books & Maps" on Menu panel (left)
|DISCLAIMER: Although the content of this website has been researched with the utmost care, any liability on the part of Bute Gateway, or any other individuals involved with the website's development, arising out of any inaccuracies contained in material produced for this website (including its Noticeboard) or in linked websites, is expressly excluded.